Georgia Tech’s campus transportation system includes the Tech Trolley, Stinger Buses, Midnight Rambler, Stingerette Paratransit, Emory Shuttle, Weekend Grocery Shuttle, Stingerette Nighttime Shuttle, NARA/TEP Shuttle, and Charter Bus Rental Services.
- Tech Trolley provides round-trip service along Ferst Drive/5th Street from the Clough Undergraduate Learning Commons to Technology Square and on to the Midtown MARTA Transit Station, operating weekdays from 5:45 a.m. to 10:30 p.m., Saturdays from 10:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., and Sundays from 3:00 p.m. to 9:45 p.m. The Tech Trolley also stops at the Publix grocery store at Spring Street and Peachtree Place (after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and all day during weekend Trolley service) and at the Historic Academy of Medicine at Georgia Tech on West Peachtree Street.
- Stinger Buses follow three routes (Red, Blue, and Green), connecting campus housing and academic buildings. The Red and Blue Stingers operate weekdays only from approximately 7:00 a.m. until 10:00 p.m. The Green Stinger operates weekdays from 6:45 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., serving sections of 14th Street.
- NARA/TEP Shuttle services the North Avenue Research Area (NARA) and Technology Enterprise Park (TEP). Customers may board the shuttle van at the Transit Hub or at Ferst Drive and Cherry Street.
- Midnight Rambler is a late-night shuttle connecting the West Campus residential area with East Campus. The Midnight Rambler has stops at Clough Commons (open 24 hours) and the North Avenue Community Restaurant. The Midnight Rambler operates seven days a week from 9:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m.
- Stingerette Paratransit provides scheduled transportation for mobility-impaired students only. Students should contact Disability Services at 404.894.2563 to register for paratransit transportation. This service operates Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. For service after 6:00 p.m., please utilize the Stingerette Nighttime Service.
- Emory Shuttle offers service on weekdays (with the exception of Institute holidays) from Georgia Tech to Emory University’s Andrews Circle/Health Sciences Research Building (HSRB).
- Weekend Grocery Shuttle is available to take students to the Publix grocery store in Atlantic Station from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays (with the exception of Institute holidays and home football game days).
- Stingerette Nighttime Shuttle, operating during evening hours Monday through Sunday from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m., provides after-hours rides to any student needing transportation to and from any campus building or residence hall. Service is also provided to the Midtown MARTA station. Students may call 404.385.RIDE (7433) or log on to www.stingerette.com to schedule a ride. Students living in the Home Park or Centennial Place communities can purchase a Safe Ride Home membership for rides from campus to their homes.
Maps, schedules, and other information about these services are available online or at the Parking & Transportation Services office, 828 West Peachtree St. NW, or by calling 404.385.RIDE (7433). Campus transit is not available on official Institute holidays.
For off-campus transportation, the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) system is easily accessible via the Midtown and North Avenue stations. MARTA route maps and schedules can be found at www.itsmarta.com or by calling 404.848.5000.
All students, including freshmen, are welcome to bring their vehicles to campus. Vehicles must display a campus parking permit.
Students will be billed through their bursar account, and permit fees can be paid the same way as tuition.
Students who do not receive a permit at FASET or through online registration may purchase permits from the Parking & Transportation Services office.
The Parking & Transportation Services office is located in Tech Square across from the College of Management on the corner of 5th and West Peachtree streets. Office hours are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. except on official Institute holidays. Parking maps and information are available at www.pts.gatech.edu, at the Parking & Transportation Services office (828 W. Peachtree St. NW), or by calling 404.385.PARK (7275).